One Action You Can DO to Exceed Your Quota
Exceeding quota is never easy, in fact studies have shown that large percentages of salespeople never achieve 100% of their assigned quotas, but if you are in a position of sales leadership what can you do to improve your odds of success?
It’s not the purpose of this blog, but the first action is to read the last two week’s blogs on “Hiring High Performance Sales Teams” but reality is here, it’s the third quarter and you have to work with the team that’s in place and your sales goal has been set. The one action to for you to do is easy and depending on the size of your sales team or location (remote/multiple offices/local) some creativity or logistics may need to be implemented, but here’s the tip we tell all of our clients:
- Instead of burying your sales pipeline in a CRM database visually display the top ten (10) sales opportunities where they can be seen by yourself and or your team. This list normally is displayed in the sales manager’s office and could be on a white board or on a paper flip chart.
What is the logic behind this recommendation?
- Typically by winning a few of the larger opportunities each month/quarter almost always ensure sales budgets are exceeded.
- Keeping the list visual allows them to be top of mind and allows for a constant review of strategies, tactics and updates.
- The visual list allows for the entire management team to be aware of those key opportunities and increases the number of potential sales ideas and availability of resources that could be used in closing the sale.
- The list can be used in sales meetings to brainstorm ideas and to teach the sales team the basics behind developing winning sales strategy ideas.
What do have to lose? Try this idea for the next 90 days and let me know your results. In the past 18 years of consulting with organizations, when this idea was executed, we always saw revenues jump!
Want to improve your Win/Lost Ratio? If you would like a copy of our 9 page Acumen Sales Strategy Planning Guide send me an email request and I will send it to you. Ken@AcumenMgmt.com
Make it a wonderful trip between now and end of the year! Don’t forget to check out: Ignite Your Sales Team, Sales Management on Fire Video.
Ken Thoreson “operationalizes” sales management systems and processes that pull revenue out of the doldrums into the fresh zone. During the past 17 years, our consulting, advisory, and platform services have illuminated, motivated, and rejuvenated the sales efforts for organizations throughout the world.
He was recently ranked for the third year in a row by Top Sales World magazine as one of the Top 50 Sales & Marketing Influencers for 2015.
Ken has written 5 books, his latest book is: SLAMMED! for First Time Sales Managers, Ken provides Keynotes, consulting services and products designed to improve business performance. Need more sales management resources? Check out his Sales Management Tool Kit or the Acumen Project and his new Ignite Your Sales Team online video training program for sales leaders.