Sales Management: Finish Off October, Set Up November
Wow, I was shocked when October’s calendar flipped over and now it’s the 9th! During the past few days I have been suggesting to my clients several idea’s to ensure they finish off the year in a strong style. I thought I would offer them and ask for more ideas from our team of readers!
- · Increase your days per week for one on one sales strategy coaching time to validate all salespeople know “where” they are in the sales cycle and have asked the proper questions. Add an extra phone call where you can coach and question sales actions.
- · Encourage your salespeople to work together on challenging each other’s sales strategies-team them up.
- · Create an end of year sales contest, with individual and team goals.
- · Add two mornings of telephone blitz day’s for prospecting, invite people to a November seminar/ business breakfast meeting. Increase your prospecting ratio to load up December and January pipelines
- · Create a fun event, there is a lot of stress and pressures in the End of Year push… Halloween parties, Fall seasonal events, etc… Thank your own team.
- · Assign a certain number of customers (10) to each salesperson each week, make sure they have a good reason/strategy and product/service offering for each client-make sure they make the calls to the appropriate person at the client’s office. INSPECT this….
Setting up November
- · Create a Customer Appreciation Event-it’s the Thanksgiving month! Create a post card, letter from the President, etc… Invite everyone to your offices-add a few vendors as well and offer additional services/product offerings. Invite your best end of year prospects as well.
- · For those early stage prospects in October who will make a decision in November, a special Thanksgiving discount/promotion code that ends on November 23rd can be suggested and then launched in November.
- · Roll out a 25 point weekly sales game where each salesperson must earn 25 points a week based upon activity; i.e. 5 points for a presentation, 5 points for an order, 5 points for prospecting, etc… (send me an email and I will send you a sample: Ken@AcumenMgmt.com
- · Make each salesperson review their entire 2012 calendars from January to October, ask them to look for missed appointments, suspects that did not make a decision or any networking individuals that need to be follow up with. Missed opportunities??
Let me hear what other idea’s you might have, let’s all work together to make 2012 finish off strong!
Acumen Management Group Ltd. “operationalizes” sales management systems and processes that pull revenue out of the doldrums into the fresh zone. During the past 12 years, our consulting, advisory, and platform services have illuminated, motivated, and rejuvenated the sales efforts for partners throughout North America. His latest book is titled: “Leading High Performance Sales Teams”.